Sunday, April 24, 2011


For my Hand Letters class we were told to put together all of our work from the semester, adding a monogram and full name to the compilation. You can see the results regarding my name in the new blog banner, and this is the result of spending way too much time obsessing about the monogram being perfect.

In addition, the blog has gotten a fresh new look to go with the end of this semester. Much better I think.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fabric Design.

Found out today that my hand lettered fabric pattern made it through as a finalist in Spoonflower's alphabet contest!

Click here to see my competition and vote for me!  Voting is now closed.

(The submissions rotate through pages so I cannot link directly. Look for my design, my username is Morphkid03)


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Equestrian Fashion.

We were allowed to do anything we wanted for my Illustration Concepts II class that could possibly tie into our thesis in some way or another. I was in the mood to work with clothing more, so I ended up doing this small equestrian fashion piece. It's not perfect, but I got to try a few new things while making it, so I am (currently) pretty happy with it.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Handlettered Pattern.

For my Hand Letters class we were asked to create a pattern based on letters/the alphabet for a contest hosted by Spoonflower. I fooled around with the entire alphabet (with some letters repeated) and am pretty happy with how it came out! It was my first official jump into true tile-ready patterning and I gotta say, I really like it. The first ones were my first color choice, the second ones are the ones being submitted to Spoonflower due to highly saturated colors and dark colors potentially having trouble being printed on to fabrics.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wind In March Book Cover.

For Book Illustration we were asked to do a book cover for a nonexistent book of our choosing from a list provided to us. I chose Wind of March, a fictional book by "author" Ray Parker. I had to figure out what plot I thought the book should have and then do an illustration based on that- I ended up deciding it would be a sort of coming of age story for a young girl (though why it would be written by a man is beyond me). For the pattern in the background I tried to reference lace and flowers- I ended up making it a full page pattern which I will probably upload at some point with come color variations.
I am not sure which color I prefer- the green version was my update post critique, and the pink was my original.