Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wind In March Book Cover.


For Book Illustration we were asked to do a book cover for a nonexistent book of our choosing from a list provided to us. I chose Wind of March, a fictional book by "author" Ray Parker. I had to figure out what plot I thought the book should have and then do an illustration based on that- I ended up deciding it would be a sort of coming of age story for a young girl (though why it would be written by a man is beyond me). For the pattern in the background I tried to reference lace and flowers- I ended up making it a full page pattern which I will probably upload at some point with come color variations.
I am not sure which color I prefer- the green version was my update post critique, and the pink was my original.

No comments:

Post a Comment