Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sobe Energy Label.



For Illustration II we were asked to create a drink label in acrylics. Been a long time since I painted with them so it didn't exactly end up how I had planned... I'm not a fan of how the flames turned out.... Anyway, I ended up choosing Sobe's "Energy" drink, and went with a phoenix motif since they tend to go for a mythological-Aztec vibe with their bottles. We were allowed to tinker with it digitally, so I fooled around with hue/saturation. Not sure which I prefer- currently leaning towards the one in the middle. First image is the original, second and third are the digitally edited version. Finally made a decision. Going to place the Sobe name in there eventually, just need to decide where is the best area for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment