Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Character and T-Shirt Design.


As I am frequently asked "Is there somewhere I can see your work?", and that many of my fellow MICAns have one, I have made myself a blog. I'll keep it updated with work, sketches, and what have you.
To kick it off, we have two assignments from my Digital Illustration class with John Malloy. The premise of the two: One had to be a digital painting of a character design or background of a fantasy/sci-fi creature or place. The second was a CMYK illustration to be submitted to http://www.designbyhumans.com/


For the first piece I decided to go the sci-fi route with a robotic horse. It was quite fun to work with, though there *is* a few tweaks it needs, namely making the metal plates in the barrel have a fair bit of difference between them so the painting doesn't flatten itself out.
Second piece I was struggling to get an idea for what to do... eventually I was inspired by my cat, Nala, and went for a simple silhouette of a cat with some crosshatching. Mock up image base is thanks to Design By Humans. I'll be submitting the design to them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment